I'm Nancy Sher. I started StrongGirl Revolution as a way to show women that lifting weights doesn't mean a bulky, manly body. Lifting weights will actually give you a leaner, healthier, sexier body. It will give you a body that can take on the world.
The SGR gym is in my garage. Yep. It's small and unconventional, but as one of my StrongGirls says, "It feels more like going over to my friend's house to catch up on life, only my friend makes me workout."
my rules & philosophy
1. Don't get injured. This means I have to make sure you are strong, stable, and mobile in the right places, as well as perform the movement properly before I progress any client.
2. No puking or passing out! I hate to clean up puke - and chances are I will puke on top of it! I also don't want to clean you up off the floor. So all clients must eat before coming to workout, and they must stop working out if they feel light headed, dizzy, or nauseous.
3. If something doesn't feel right or hurts, always let me know. See #1 above.
4. Lifting weights makes you sexy and empowered! Forget about being bulky. You'll have curves in all the right places, a butt to die for, and the confidence to say there is nothing you can't do!
5. Working out is NOT a punishment. This balls to the wall attitude will burn you out and can lead to injury (see #1 again). There are times for all out fall-on-the-floor-in-a-puddle-of-sweat workouts, but not all of the time. You won't see much progress and eventually get injured. Working out is about taking care of yourself. It's about making sure your body works properly. Workouts should also be about getting stronger, not just becoming a puddle. You may leave here a sweaty mess after some workouts, while others you'll just feel like a strong bad ass.